Spring is here and I'm so excited to try out new makeup products and revamp my wardrobe. I love collecting magazines and I'm always curious to see who's gonna be on the cover and to learn about what's new. I had to get the April issue of Nylon and Vogue because Nicki is my absolute favorite rapper and she looks fierce on the cover and Rihanna's style is always amazing. If your looking for magazines to purchase for this month for beauty and style tips I would highly suggest these 2 mags.
I've always wanted to have my own magazine, so my blog excites me because it's the closest thing to it! I want to let you guys in on my current favorite beauty products below for spring.
Read the list below:
April Fave Awards:
1. MAC Mineralize Skin Finish (Gold Deposit) - Perfect for Strobing/Highlighting. This highlighter is a warm golden color and very pretty on brown skin tones. I use it on my cheekbones, cupid's bow, down the bridge of my nose and under my brow bone. It creates the perfect fresh glowy spring/summer look. I use a fan brush to apply the highlighter on my face which creates the perfect natural look.
2. MAC So Chaud Matte Lipstick - This is a very beautiful orange color. It's almost like a burnt orange which can be similar to a red lipstick. It's the perfect orange for the spring. It's not too orange, or too bright...but it will make you stand out in a good way.
3. Clinique Chubby Stick Foundation -Clinique has launched this new collection of foundation sticks and I'm so obsessed with them. I wear the shade "Gargantuan Golden". It is a very natural lightweight foundation. I didn't think I would like a stick foundation, but the way it glides on and matches my skin tone flawlessly has got me recommending it to anyone looking for a new foundation for on the go.
4. NARS Matte Velvet Skin Tint - This is another foundation that I think is perfect for Spring. If you like a Matte Foundation with a smooth velvety finish...this product is for you! I love it because it makes my skin look even and the shade "Seychelles" matches my skin color perfect. It's hard to find a foundation that matches my skin. I'm very picky...
5. Ardell Demi Wispie Strip Lashes -These are my go to lashes for a natural look. I'm all about looking natural and glam. These are hands down my absolute favorite drugstore lashes to buy.
6. NYX Matte Finish Fini Mat Setting Spray - I have combination skin so my skin can get oily during the day. After I do my makeup I usually spray my face with this setting spray and follow up with a setting powder as well. This spray was very inexpensive and it works well.
7. Clinique Lip Lacquer (Go-Go Pop) - I'm a color girl, I love bright lipsticks and glosses. This gloss is not sticky and they offer a variety of colors with the Lacquer line. Go-Go pop is a really pretty fun hot pink. I get compliments on it a lot and it's perfect for spring!
8. NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss (Cosmo) - I love a good nude lipgloss. Since high school I've always loved having glossy lips. This lipgloss has a glamorous shimmer yet is very pretty and subtle. I highly recommend wearing it with either a nude colored lipliner or on top of a bomb lip combo to create the perfect natural glam look.
9. Clinique Skinny Stick Eyeliner - If you like retractable pencil eyeliners you will love this product. It goes on really smooth and very bold, yet the line is skinny so you won't have a big chunky black line going across your eyelids. You have a lot of control of your line when you use this eyeliner. It creates a really natural look and it also comes in brown, navy blue, teal/aqua blue, green and white.
10. Clinique Sweet Pot Lip Scrub & Balm - This is my favorite on the go product. I have big lips and they can get a bit dry sometimes. I like having soft lips. One side has a sugar scrub which is unscented and the other has a really subtle sheer balm to put on top after using the scrub. It's the perfect product for me.
Thank you for reading!
Have a favorite product? List it below :)