I'm so excited to be writing this blog post today because I am a firm believer in having a positive mindset.
Someone once told me, "Be more positive and your life will become better". When I heard that it was exactly what I needed at the time. I was on my way to work and stopped at the gas station and was not in the mood to be working on a Saturday night. After I received that advice from the gas station worker...I applied it. I came into work and did not complain about anything. I kept a smile on my face and shifted my thoughts to just be thankful that I even had a job. I ended up having a great shift and my manager was impressed by my attitude and work ethic and let me leave early with my favorite meal and dessert for free.
I strongly suggest that you keep a positive attitude this week and see what happens.
Below are 5 tips that help me stay positive.
- Morning Meditation. Meditation is something that I've always heard is great for you but I just started to practice meditating recently. It really helps a lot. If you are the type of person that always has a million things on your mind, constantly on the go, forgetting things and stressed out - you need to meditate! When your mind is jumbled with a million thoughts, you can become frustrated and overwhelmed by all the things you have to accomplish. Take at least 15 minutes in the morning to close your eyes and be silent. Don't think. Just Be. Silence your thoughts. Breath. This will allow for you to notice how powerful your mind really is and help for you to control it.
- Top 5. I once heard that who you spend the most time with can affect your attitude and can mold who you are as a person. Who do you spend the most time with? How do they act? If they complain all the time, always have drama and make you feel negative when you are around them....spend less time with them and more time with people that will help you grow. The people you are closest to should all be positive people. These are the people that are gonna make sure to bring you up whenever you feel down.
- Daily Motivation. Something that really helps me stay positive are motivational messages. I receive motivational messages in my email, though my phone app and also by reading books. I signed up to receive Joel Osteen's daily email scriptures, I loved the phone app for "The Secret" and I also like reading self help books like Deepak Chopra's 7 Spiritual Laws of Success.
- Music. So, I love listening to trap music...but sometimes you have to cut on a little gospel music to get your spirits up. Or even a song that's about being happy like Pharrel's famous "Happy" song. Music can really make you feel feel good.
- Being Thankful. Sometimes we can get so caught up in what we don't have that we take what we do have for granted. Write down all the things you are grateful for (Gratitude Journal). Pray. Thank God for all the things you are grateful for. Talk to him and ask him to help you be a more positive person. When you realize all the things that you have, you appreciate it more.
Thanks for reading! Have a great week! If you have any other tips that keep you in a positive mood, feel free to write them below.
Photography - Bruce Turner Photography